Veteran Rock Photographer Launches Official Web Site

Veteran rock photographer Ross Halfin has launched his official web site at this location.

In the business since the late 1970s, Halfin began his career at the now-defunct publication Sounds and its off-shoot magazine Kerrang! and has worked with virtually every major rock band in existence, including AC/DC, AEROSMITH, LED ZEPPELIN, METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, OZZY OSBOURNE, SLIPKNOT and SLAYER.

"A lot of people probably think I have one of the best jobs in the world and that it is easy, with everything being given to me on a plate," Halfin writes on his web site. "Whilst there is a glamorous side to the job, which has allowed me to travel all over the world, the one thing it ISN'T is easy. Most photographers work very hard to achieve their results. It takes a lot of dedication and patience, which is often tested to the very limit, to get these results. Our main task is to get THE photo but the people we are shooting are often very reluctant to play the game, unless they have a reason to. This sometimes makes it very difficult. I think that 90% of taking a photo is actually the psychological task of getting the subject matter to co-operate. The other 10% is the creative side, which is sad when my view is always to try and make something look more than it is. Hopefully, I succeed."


Posted in: News


To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@) with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).